miércoles, 6 de junio de 2012

REFLECTIONS


There was a time in my life when I was in love with someone who had not the same feelings for me, and please, believe me when I say that I'm not talking about the person you're thinking right now. It wasn't just the ''I-don't-feel-loved'' kind of thing, it was more, way more. I was in my last year at high school, struggling to find a TRUE group of friends who would accept me as I really was. I had been basically surrounded by lots of people, but I was alone. And things were not going well at home, definitely not. I would often feel depressed, like I'd cry 4 of 7 days, for no reason, I mean, I would have a reason during that time. I was trapped inside myself, I often thought people would never know the real me, I thought that if I shared my feelings or my thoughts, my real ones, I would be excluded and everyone would think I was nuts. I had never thought about taking away my life or any crazy stuff like that, and it's funny how suicide would eventually become a cause close to my heart during that time. There were some things I was not supposed to know while growing up and I would learn about those situations later: getting to know those situations really helped me to understand almost everything that was going through. Now I just close my eyes and I take a look back at the past, but I don't stop, I see the present, and I keep on walking on my road to the future. I think I've been through a lot in my childhood, but I certainly made it through, you can just see that I'm in a better place right now, physically and most importantly, mentally. University was a huge, ENORMOUS change in my life: I'm more open-minded, free, mature, and happy, I'm happier, I'M MYSELF. I've found people who I love and people who loves me, there have been ups and downs, I have experienced new things, I am experiencing new things and all I can say is: I'm myself, I thank you for reading this and probably be one of those who have made this possible.

Antonio/Nica.

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow.. superimpressive entry! Are you saying you eventually went out of the closet? I know how you feel and it's great if you did because you don't have to hide anymore who you are... Thank you for these amazing words.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi! Sorry for not replying earlier, I did not have time to look at this! I really appreciate it, but what you say is not what I meant here. It's about struggling when you don't have the support from certain close people, and also about how to emerge from pain and stay alive. Thank you for your nice words.

    ResponderEliminar